The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE) is an academic society with mainly consisted of researchers and engineers.
Towards 100 years of growth
IEICE is a Japan's largest international academic society in the fields of electronics, information, and communications.
IEICE was officially launched as the Telegraph and Telephone Society in May 1917. In May 2017, we celebrated our 100th anniversary.
As an international academic society in electronic information communication and related fields, the Society aim to contribute to the formation of a healthy communication society and the maintenance and improvement of a rich global environment by promoting academic development, industrial development and human resource development.
The IEICE will contribute working on activities of combining cross-cutting elements from multiple technological fields and establish new technological fields, to pioneer new fields and cultivate new human resource development which creates a paradigm shift.
IEICE Malaysian Sections activities (April 2017 ~ March 2019)
• The inaugural IEICE Workshop on Cryptography and Information Security has been conducted successfully on 15 December 2017 at Multimedia University, Melaka. The workshop was jointly organized by IEICE Malaysia Section and Multimedia University. This workshop featured 6 invited talks focusing on the state-of-the-art and current research trend in Cryptography and Information Security, in particular the sharing on recent research topics such as cryptocurrency/bitcoin/blockchain technology, GPGPU, and searchable encryption.
• The Invited Speakers:
1. Dr. Muhammad Reza Z’aba, Researcher, Malaysian Institute of Microelectronic Systems (MIMOS)
2. Dr. Geong Sen Poh, Researcher, Malaysian Institute of Microelectronic Systems (MIMOS)
3. Dr. Jiqiang Lu, Scientist, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Singapore
4. Dr. Raphael Phan, Professor, Multimedia University (Cyberjaya)
5. Dr. Wei-Chuen Yau, Associate Professor, Xiamen University Malaysia
6. Mr. Wai Kong Lee, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia
• The workshop received overwhelming response from a few institutions and organizations and was attended by about 40 researchers working in information security related areas. The main participations are from Malaysian Institute of Microelectronic Systems (MIMOS), CyberSecurity Malaysia, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Universiti Teknikal Malaysia (UTeM), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), and Multimedia University (MMU).
• Prof. Heng also briefed the participants on the establishment of IEICE Malaysia Section and shared the benefits of IEICE membership.